Am I Okay If I Handle Things For An Incapacitated Adult the Way They Would Have Done? - Promise Law

Incapacitated Adult

If your question isn’t answered below, please give us a call at 757-690-2470 or contact us online. We’re here to help with everything you need for everything that matters.

No, probably not. A person can do whatever they want to with their own money, but an agent, trustee, or conservator, etc. is duty-bound to act prudently and in the best interests of the incapacitated person. For example, even if the incapacitated person gave gifts of cash to grandchildren with regularity, you can’t do so without proper authority.

We know that the decisions families make when there’s incapacity or looming death are very scary, but they are also very important. It’s important that folks take the time to understand what their issues are and what their needs are. That’s our focus at Promise Law. We help families organize their personal and financial affairs so that they can take care of themselves and their loved ones throughout their lifetime.

If you are a loved one is experiencing the stress or discomfort of not knowing what to do when there’s trouble ahead, call us at Promise Law.